What you need to succeed
• Strong knowledge of the production environment, with experience in design/product development as well as manufacturing.
• Strong experience in electronics with plastics. Preferably in the toy/game industry.
• Solid negotiation skills. Ability to maximize company dollars with new opportunities as they evolve. Ability to identify and align opportunities with the company’s mission/goals and design opportunities that match that direction.
• Expansive customer service tool box:
• Professional mannerisms, appearance and actions (self-confident and committed to high ethics).
• Strong follow-through.
• Extremely quick thinking and resourceful.
• Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with both external and internal customers:
• Act as an active listener, seeking to understand and then to be understood, articulating clearly and confidently.
• Ability to translate design and production terms into understandable terms for all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Ability to communicate with customers articulately and confidently.
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to take ownership for accomplishing assigned tasks. Results-oriented planner who ensures that goals are met. Able to set priorities and keep to projected schedules.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills:
• Able to multi-task, maintain focus on several different projects at one time and hit deadlines.
• Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
• Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
• Strong analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
• Strong “leads by example” presence:
• Future-oriented in thinking and operation.
• Optimistic/positive attitude and approach to problem solving.
• Able to lead by example and live/work by company values.
• Embodies a sense of urgency in his/her actions.
• Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence others and an ability to relate to individuals at all levels of an organization. As unique situations arise, position must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the public image.
• Ability to function independently with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Computer Skills: Comfortable and effective working in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to work in SAP. General understanding of CAD applications and their file types.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management or related field or equivalent experience.
• PMP Certification preferred
• 3-5 years of experience working in a consumer product production environment with overseas manufacturing capabilities, with strong knowledge of print processing, plastic materials properties, plastic manufacturing processes, electronic toy production, and rapid prototype.
• Experience within the toy and/or game industry preferred.
• Proven track record of managing production schedules to meet on-time delivery goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Driving (personal vehicle with good driving record) to various locations to visit clients required.
• Occasional domestic and international travel (air and automobile) required (25%).